Thursday, September 10, 2015

where am I at now. and how the past has helped me

In regards to my paper I am better at
1. reading my surroundings
2.reading how people are feeling
3. reading a situation and reacting quickly to it (writing)
4. more determined to do things better and the right way when it come to literary tasks
5. when reading think of the world from a new point of view than just mine

how my past has helped me to get to where i am today
I have been through a lot of struggles in my past just has everyone else. everyone has different struggles therefore helping them become literate in different things then i am. going through a major surgery and having to stop playing tennis for a while was an extremely hard thing for me to go through. going through it helped me realize how much i take being able to do little things fir granite. helped to also over come pain and work hard to be able to where i wanted to be again.

thesis
 everyone goes through different struggles helping them become literate in different areas.  My struggles have predominately been revolved around tennis helping me to become literate in not only the game of tennis, but in specific aspects of life as well.


Sherman Alexie writes that "writing was something beyond indians" (131). Wail I am not indian, his argument resonates to me because believe otherwise because my personal experience tells me different. When i went through knee surgery everyone said it was time for me to give up on my dream of becoming a college tennis player but once i was able to get back on the court i worked hard and ended up getting a few offers to colleges to play tennis for them.

in this article "sponsors of literacy," Deborah Brandt defines and then provides examples of sponsors of literacy. reflecting on my own literacy history, a certain sponsor comes to mind, my tennis coach. He comes to mind because he has taught me so many things not only in the game of tennis but in life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment