Tuesday, August 25, 2015

how expectations impact me

I started to play tennis tennis when I was twelve years old. I was naturally pretty good at it a lot of people said. I ended up loving tennis but when I turned thirteen I had to quit for a little bit due to all the traveling me and my family were doing to pursue my brothers baseball career. When traveling slowed down i began to play tennis again at age fifteen. My dad began to realize I had great potential to be great at tennis if I worked hard at it.
I then began to train. I trained up to seven hours every day on the tennis court and in the gym for another two. Once I'm coach though I was good enough to start playing in tournaments I was in a tournaments every weekend. I got very good rather quickly. Because i pick up skills so fast and worked hard to do so everyone expected me to ail everything. I did not. When ever i lost i would have a plethora of people outraged saying i could have won if i tried harder. Because of this i trained harder everyday. The last tournament I was in i was neck and neck with another star player whom i though was better than me. I still was trying my best to beat her one because i wanted to win and two because i didm not want to disappoint anyone. I pushed so hard i ended up seriously injuring myself in that tennis match. I tore three ligaments in my knee and by the time i was able to play tennis again i had missed my opportunities for tennis and was never the same tennis player.

No comments:

Post a Comment