Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Interest in Writing

Reading and writing have always fought my attention since I was a child. I was not always the best student to get picket to read out loud or to share my paper with the class, but reading and writing on my own was always a joy to me none the less. 
Reading books that were assigned, that I basically had to read, was not my favorite thing to do nor was any one else's. I much rather would prefer to be able to pitch the book I wanted to read and do my assignment on that. That is not how school went so I did as I was told and did the assignments. I did not get into school requited book assignments until i was in tenth grade. Why this year I bet your wondering? I mainly became interested in school required book assignments because my teacher at that time, Mr. Jones was his name, opened up new ways for me to approach reader and analyzing the books we read. He showed me how there is much more depth and meaning to every book but most people do not take the time to see them. The main book that triggered this realization and fascination was Pride and Prejudice.  Each time he c;ass had an assuaged reader i was actually excited to do it because reading now interested me. The next day in class we would sit and talk about the meanings of each of the reading just to make sure we didn't miss anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment